Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm in Egypt writing from a little internet cafe. Both of the flights went well. We've been doing basic orientaion stuff. Today we went to a local market where the girls got a higab for our mosque visit tomorrow. We got a pretty nice view of the pyramids and tomorrow we will go to a few other "touristy" places in the evening. Everything is going well so far. I live in a pretty nice flat with 7 of the other guys. There are three rooms and I live with one other person, Matt, who goes to Cedarville University. The flat is affectionately known as "Paisely Palace" because all of the furnishings in the living room are pink. Well I really can't write much more because i'm sharing my time with one of my flat mates. Thanks for all of your thoughts and well wishes. I'll try to keep this up as much as I can.

1 comment:

Nevin said...

You got the Paisley Palace! Fantastic. And eight guys in there--wow. There were just six last semester. Which room are you in? I was in the one next to the balcony.

Hint: you can pick up neighbors' unsecured wireless if the wireless card in your laptop is good enough. It's easier (and cheaper) than going to an Internet Cafe (though not always reliable--although neither are most Internet Cafes in Cairo).